My Weight Loss Progress

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Encouraging Words

A couple of weeks ago I had a Wii dance party with some friends. It was great fun. I set up the projector and screen I use for doing CPR, we served Papa Murphy's DeLite Pizza and danced the night away. What a fun way to burn calories. I invited a girl that comes to my Thursday night work-outs sometimes and a few days after the party I received this note in the mail.


It was so touching to get this and to know that even I can be encouraging to other people. It are little things like this that keep me going. It is not only myself but other people that keep me fighting all the way to finish.

A girlfriend that I go to church with recently lost 30 pounds too. You may remember her from the very beginning. In one of my first posts I told you how we were going to do this together. Her name is Teri. Well, she hurt her foot and it took her a while to get started. I kept telling her that it was 75% diet and that even if she couldn't exercise she could still lose weight. Well, since starting my local Biggest Loser competition at the end of January she has lost all that weight. I saw her today and she looks amazing! Her pants are practically falling off of her. She was sweet and told me that I had been her inspiration and that she finally just DID it! I am so proud of her. I can't wait to see her meet her goals.

Again, it are these stories that make it so that I have to finish and make me never want to gain it back. How discouraging that would be to so many people. I want to set an example. I want people to know that it can be done with out prescription drugs, without surgery, without starving yourself. Just make small changes every day! I try to set small goals every day (drink 80 oz of water, do 20 min of cardio, don't eat carbs after 4 PM, eat all my servings of fruits and veggies, etc). I may not do each of them every day but I try to at least do something! What can you start doing today? What small goals do you set? I'd love your feedback.

1 comment:

  1. 64 oz. of water today- I haven't done in in so long! 8 down...

    ReplyDelete