My Weight Loss Progress

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Truvia

This week I decided to try Truvia natural sweetener. This is nothing new to me. I have known about stevia, the plant it is derived from, for over a decade now. My husband's family is really into natural health and they were using stevia before it was ever approved by the FDA. I had tried the liquid which I liked for sweetening some things such as smoothies, hot tea, etc but it kind of had an after taste to me.

I really do like the Truvia. It seems sweeter than sugar though so you don't have to use as much. However I don't notice the after taste that you have with splenda, equal and others. Today I sprinkled half of a packet on some strawberries and blackberries; even that was a little sweet and I could of used less.

One thing I like about stevia is that it is natural and has a glycemic index of zero. Here is a little comparison chart to other sweeteners.

No comments:

Post a Comment