My Weight Loss Progress

Saturday, September 14, 2013

Day 10 & 11

To be honest, I can't remember a whole lot about these days except that I survived them. Just seems like I have been super busy lately.  Definitely doing lots of taxi trips with the kids, etc.  Thursday I ate really clean and had a good Zumba class.  It was throwback Thursday so we did some old songs that we hadn't done in a long long time.  It was fun.  One benefit to teaching Zumba is drinking lots of water; in a single class I can easily consume 30oz.  Thursday night I made this awesome Balsamic Pork Roast and some broccoli/cauliflower salad.  Recipes below.

Balsamic Glazed Pork Roast
Ingredients:
1 (2 pound) boneless pork tenderloin (or regular pork loin)
1 teaspoon ground sage
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 clove garlic, crushed
1/2 cup water

Glaze
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1/2 cup water
2 tablespoons soy sauce

Directions:
Combine sage, salt, pepper and garlic. Rub over roast. Place in slow cooker with 1/2 cup water. Cook on low for 6-8 hours. About 1 hour before roast is done, combine ingredients for glaze in small sauce pan. Heat and stir until mixture thickens. Brush roast with glaze 2 or 3 times during the last hour of cooking. Serve with remaining glaze on the side.
 (original recipe: http://www.candcmarriagefactory.com/2011/01/brown-sugar-and-balsamic-glazed-pork.html)

Broccoli/Cauliflower Salad
1 small head of broccoli and cauliflower chopped
1/2 purple onion
6 slices of bacon
1/2 C slivered almonds
1/2 C sunflower seeds
1 C raisins and/or craisins
Dressing: 3/4 C light olive oil mayo, 2 TBSP rice vinegar, 2.5 TBSP sugar or splenda
(This makes a very large salad, so you may want to make it smaller)

Yesterday was day 11.  I had promised Reese that I would take her to a special lunch at Chic-fil-a and she could play at the playground.  I had 8 grilled chicken nuggets and also against my better judgement I had some french fries (I figured I deserved a treat and they were gluten free, right?).  This really wouldn't have been so bad except that I had 3 very (almost too) ripe bananas on the counter.  I hate to see them go to waste so I quickly made two loaves of banana bread.  My intention was to give one loaf to a friend and one loaf to a neighbor.  I didn't use oil, I subbed out for applesauce and I was out of nuts so I saved some calories by omitting them.  I gave one loaf away but when I asked my neighbor if she wanted a loaf, she said no thank you.  Long story, short...I ended up eating two slices.  

I made a greek dinner.  It was super yummy.  I made greek chicken, quinoa salad and tzatziki sauce.  It is very tasty, healthy and fresh.  I will post the recipes a little later.  

No comments:

Post a Comment