My Weight Loss Progress

Sunday, September 8, 2013

Preparation: The Key to Success


I believe that preparation is success!  I think this is especially true when it comes to what you eat.  I make a pretty conscious effort to plan our meals.  This decreases trips to the grocery store, time spent figuring it out, etc.  Every week I figure out what we are going to have for dinner and make a grocery list of any ingredients that I need to buy.  I also try to have 1 or 2 days that I spend a little more time prepping the food.  For example, I might chop lots of vegetables or cook a large thing of chicken that will be made for several meals, etc.  Here is my menu plan for this week.  I will try to post the recipes in my daily posts but didn't want to overwhelm you.  Blogging everyday in itself can be overwhelming.

Sunday: Catalina Taco Salad
Monday: Cranberry Pork Loin w/ green salad
Tuesday: Salmon w/ rice & broccoli salad
Wednesday: Sirloin steaks w/sweet potato & left over broccoli salad
Thursday: Greek chicken w/Quinoa salad (never heard of quinoa??)
Friday: Balsamic glazed Pork Loin w/asparagus
Saturday: Vegetable stir fry

Lunches: Tuna salad, chicken salad w/grapes & left overs

No comments:

Post a Comment