My Weight Loss Progress

Sunday, September 8, 2013

Day 6

I am pretty proud of myself.  My kids had a birthday party at the bowling alley this afternoon from around 1:30-4.  I knew there would be foods that I couldn't eat so I packed some snacks for me.  I had a helping of chicken salad for lunch and then packed some nut thins w/ cheese spread and an apple with some peanut butter dip.  At the party they had cake, ice cream, chips, pizza and grapes.  I cut my apple, grabbed some grapes and ate my cheese and crackers.  Everyone indulged and I can honestly say that I really didn't even crave it.

My problem is ability to stop!  If I am abstaining I seem to be okay, it is once I indulge and eat one cookie that it turns into five.  I really need to work on self control.

Tonight I made Catalina taco salad.  It was super easy and really good.  I have plenty left over to have for lunch tomorrow.
  • Catalina Taco Salad
  • 4 cups torn romaine lettuce or lettuce blend
  • ½-1 pounds ground beef
  • 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
  • 1 (15 ounce) can dark red kidney beans, rinsed & drained thoroughly
  • 1 cup diced tomatoes 
  • 1 cup pitted ripe black olives, drained
  • 1 bunch green onions, sliced
  • Fritos corn chips
  • Catalina salad dressing
from Jennifercooks.com

No comments:

Post a Comment