My Weight Loss Progress

Friday, April 23, 2010

Couch Potato to 5K


So if you have been reading my blog you may have seen that one of my goals is to run a 5K. Well, my friend Amanda called me last night and told me about this application she downloaded for her i-phone. It was called C25K (Couch potato to 5K), it is a 3 day a week, 9 week program that prepares you for a 5K, even if you are starting as a couch potato. It is intervals of walking and running with audio prompts telling you when to do what. She said it was awesome and that I should get it. So, I did.

I am going to continue to walk my 3.0 for 45 minutes certain days and then do this this 3 day a week program for the other days. It is progressive and gets harder every week. Now I just need to find a 5K. The problem is that in 9 weeks it will be July and I am not running a 5K in TN in July. I either need to find one in Idaho and go for a trip or it will have to wait until October!

I am excited to see how it goes. I will keep you posted. For those of you with I-phones you might check it out. It is $2.99 for the app. If you are interested in doing a 5K with me, let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment