My Weight Loss Progress

Saturday, April 24, 2010

“Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.”

This week has been a crazy week and ended today with us cleaning out the garage. My grandparents are on vacation so we asked if we could borrow their truck so we could take a load to the dump and a load to the church for the rummage sale. We picked it up Thursday night and this morning we woke up ready to conquer. Our garage was full of rubbermaid boxes. Most of them we had not even opened since we moved and I decided that if we havent looked at them in that long then it was ready to throw some stuff out. So one by one we opened them looking to see what was inside and to decide what was garbage and what we would donate and what we wanted to keep. In the end we have kept about 1/4 of the stuff. It felt good to clean out.

Through our cleaning though we also got a chance to go thru memory lane. We sorted thru and threw out trophies from junior high sports, dance costumes, clothes that I have been hanging on to, Travis's notebooks filled with ideas from other jobs, college homework, text books, pictures, etc. The funniest was how many notebooks I found of my own with my plans to start another diet, or journals where I tracked my calories, weight loss books and motivational photos. It made me realize when one of them was dated 2002, that I have been struggling with this for too long. It has to change. We tossed a lot of stuff. I am never going to have a trophy cabinet in my house to display my jr. high school cheerleading trophy so why keep it. I kept the biggest one and tossed the rest.

It feels good to clean out things, to get a fresh start. A few nights ago Travis and I were talking about how our dog Lizzy had been such a huge part of our life and now that she is gone we feel like a chapter of our book is now closed. Today cleaning out the garage I felt that way too as we threw out a lot of our past. It has now been over 10 years that I have struggled with my weight and this chapter of life is going to close as well. It has too in order for me to be healthy. This week was very hard in many different aspects but the old is gone and we are starting a fresh new chapter of life. My newest chapter is going to be Happy & Healthy.

I started out by telling very few people about my blog as I was insecure and didn't want to fail or for people to know where I started. This week I have already became more confident and told five more people. I think as the weeks go on and the weight loss continues I will continue to tell even more. Thank you all for your love and support this week and always!

No comments:

Post a Comment