My Weight Loss Progress

Friday, April 23, 2010

A New Day


Well, I am feeling kind of guilty about already not sticking to one of my new goals, to exercise everyday. Yesterday was a very hard day and I just didn't have it in me but I am proud that I didn't deal with my emotional distress with chocolate. I do think I cried at least a pound of tears...does that count for anything? Putting Lizzy down was one of the hardest things I have done but I know that it was the right decision even though it was a very hard one.

Today is a new day. The baby slept for a 7 hr stretch last night, Hudson went to preschool this morning, and I am up early and ready to watch Jillian kick some butt while I spend some quality time with the treadmill. I really need to drink more water. Some days I drink 2 gallons and some days I am lucky to get in 8oz. I'm pretty hooked on the raspberry lemonade Crystal Lite, flavors up the water and makes it more tolerable without adding calories. I am pretty excited for this weeks weigh in. I know I am only supposed to get on the scale once a week but I accidentally stepped on last night. I shall have good news to report on Sunday :) I am just waiting for that plateau to hit though. That is when I will need you all! That is when I will want to quit. Week 3 or 4 when you only lose 1 pound, lose nothing or even worse gain a pound. I know that it will come and I am just going to have to push through it.

I talked to one of my dearest childhood friends the other night. She has done weight watchers in the past and gave me some good ideas for some easy low point meals. She also gave me the best quote "Nothing tastes as good as skinny"; that is going to be my new mantra. We talked for quite sometime about Lizzy and my new lifestyle changes. I am always trying to figure out if there is an underlying mental reason for my weight gain, so who better to talk to than your friend with a counseling degree. She always listens and tells me a few things I don't want to hear but it always feels good to be able to lay it all out on the table, show someone you're vulnerable and just be honest with them and yourself.

After I got off the phone, I realized how thankful I am to have good friends. For those that know me, you know I am social butterfly and I quickly become acquainted with people. I have hundreds maybe even thousands of acquaintances or what I call short term friends. Short term friends are those friends that you have and love but then you move away or life changes, you dont stay in touch and life just moves on. Truly I have less than a dozen good friends but how thankful I am to have them. You should know who you are...if you are aware of this blog you are probably one of them. :) While I love you all, I have to say that I am especially thankful for my two friends that I have had the longest, Jenn and Jordan. I have been friends with both of them since elementary school. Sometimes I wonder if I met them on the street today if we would even be friends. We have know each other so long, have so much history together and our families all know each other, that they aren't just friends but family. I hope that each of you have people like this in your life. People that know all your good and your bad, a friend you can be honest with, and a person that you know will always be there. The best part about my two friends is that they are both good listeners...this is good...because I am a talker. For now, It also helps that they have both done weight watchers in the past, they actively exercise and are willing to hold me accountable :)

Take time to think about who your true friends are. If it has been a while since you talked to one of them, pick up the phone and tell them that you are grateful to have them. Friends are our chosen family. I can't forget to mention my very best friend, Travis, my husband. We have been together thru thick and thin for almost 14 years now. How wonderful it is to have the person that you share your life with as your ultimate best friend and support system.

No comments:

Post a Comment