My Weight Loss Progress

Monday, April 19, 2010

Hurting

Wow..is it totally pathetic that I have been walking for 45 minutes a day at 3.0 for a whopping two days and I am actually a little sore? My quads and butt can definitely tell they have been used in a different way. It is a good thing though; means I am working them. Right? Because I am watching Biggest Loser while I walk I am actually looking forward to my workouts so I can see what will happen next on the show.

If you remember, in one of my first posts I said that I think losing weight is 90% diet and only 10% exercise. Let me just tell you how accurate that is. As I walk my 45 minutes which equates to 150 calories burned and 2.25 miles walked, it is a rude awakening. You can consume 150 calories easily in under one minute. One Krispy Kreme donut, a handful of chips is over 150 cals, consumed in a few minutes or less and it takes 45 minutes to burn them off. Ouch. Think about the frappachino that is 400 calories. We suck it down, drinking our calories, not even eating them. It would take me over 2 hours to burn those calories off and only minutes to drink it. So before you put that treat in your mouth equate how long it will take you on the treadmill. You might change you mind and choose not to eat it.

I told Travis about my blog yesterday. I hadn't told him as I was embarrassed of the number on the scale. Then I realized that he is my biggest fan, my biggest supporter and he should be included. I also decided that he is the only person that sees me naked so who cares if he knows the number on the scale, he sees me every day, all of me, every bit of it. :) Have I mentioned how much I love him. His love is unconditional for me and he always makes me feel beautiful no matter what. Sometimes I feel sorry for him. He married the prom queen and I let her go. I am excited to get her back!

1 comment:

  1. This post breaks my heart Cheryl!! You do have an awesome hubby and it makes all the difference in the world to have someone that loves you no matter what and that is your greatest fan!!

    Tracy and I are VERY aware of the fact how calories can add up SO quickly! I have always been a label reader and if a box says 14 crackers are the serving, or 1/4 cup is the serving, I always divvy it out according to the serving size. I was diligent about this for years, but a few years ago, Tracy said "what is the big deal about serving size" and so before you knew it we would consume a whole bag of peanut M&M's together, or a whole bag of chips. Yikes!!

    The older we get and the more our metabolism slows down the more we are back into reading labels and watching portions.

    Donuts and candy, all pack on the calories, by eating just the smallest amount, versus, tanking up on fruits and veggies it's amazing how much you can eat and have consumed not that many calories, compared to pastries and sweets.

    I'm SO proud of you and SO loving reading your posts.

    It's going to take me a few days to read through it all, but I want to not miss one word.

    Love you Cheryl!! (sorry to say, there is a big temptation coming to you in mail...a little birdie told Tracy you were craving chocolate covered cinnamon bears. OOPS!!

    ReplyDelete