My Weight Loss Progress

Monday, April 19, 2010

Goals

So I have been thinking about what I should do for my short term goals. I have set two!

1) To exercise for 45 minutes a day for the next 30 days.
This will be a little tough but since I have 30 segments of Biggest Loser to watch, I dont think it should be too bad. I am hoping that by doing this that exercise will be a habit for me. My thoughts are that when I return to work it should be easier to make it a regular part of my routine. I am working on lifestyle changes not fads...I need this to be a habit. I need the time to focus on myself. This will take Travis' support (watching kiddos) but I am pretty sure he will be fine with it.

2) To return to work at 200 pounds
This is ambitious but I think I can do it. I go back to work in 10 weeks. This would be 2.6 pounds per week that I would need to lose. I really have no excuses right now as I am home and can prepare meals and I have more flexibility to exercise. I know that the target is usually 2 pounds per week but I think if I really put my mind to it that I can average 2.6. I have a lot to lose and the more you have to lose, usually the easier it is to lose it.

I also decided what to do to treat myself once I have lost 10 pounds. Only a few weeks to go...so stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. LIFESTYLE change is the key word in this post.

    Most people do "fad" things, but then end up putting the weight back on.

    I find that I get more done and I am more organized when I am working as I know I only have so many hours in the day. Hopefully it's that way for you to, when you start back.

    I think that making exercise a part of your daily life, eating good portions, and plenty of fruit, veggies, healthy fats/proteins and whole grains/legumes, and drinking 8 cups of water daily, will be able to keep you where you want to be, when you finally get to your target weight.

    SO awesome that you have the Biggest Loser to watch and motivate you. Because those are real life people, just like you (not Hollywood stars, that have personal trainers, etc...) I really feel you can achieve any dream and goal that you set your mind to AND you have got to be one of the most GOAL oriented, OVER ACHIEVERS I have ever known and you always do a class act with everything you touch, so I am sure your weight loss will be no different than any other task and project you tackle in life.

    You're amazing and you inspire me Cheryl!!

    ReplyDelete